I have one word for you, decadence.
Imagine sitting on the beach in a tropical paradise, relaxing with a drink in your hand just as the sun sets. You’re peaceful, content, maybe even a little sunburned… Oh, sorry! That was just your taste buds being transported to their happy place with one bite of these Macadamia Butter Cups. We’ve kicked peanut butter to the curb with this one as we update a classic treat. These Macadamia Butter Cups are delicious with a little nutrients mixed in.
Macadamia nuts are surely the star of the show in these cups, packed with healthy fats, fiber, minerals and antioxidants. The macadamia nut has a unique balance between Omega 6 and Omega 3 fatty acids, providing an anti-inflammatory reaction to the cardiovascular system. This may help reduce cholesterol and protect against heart disease.
In addition, macadamia nuts have a high fiber content (1oz = 2.3g) and anti-oxidant properties due to their flavonoid content. Flavonoids occur naturally to protect the macadamia plant from environmental toxins, however, in the body flavonoids are turned into free-radical fighting antioxidants protecting our bodies from various toxins and disease.
Just as you thought this dessert couldn’t get any better… we folded the buttery, macadamia nuts with coconut butter creating a luscious, tropical combination. Lucky for you, coconut butter is also loaded with its own set of nutrients. Similar to the benefits of coconut oil, coconut butter is packed with lauric acid, healthy fats, amino acids and calcium.
So put down the Reese’s and get your hands on something you can feel proud about.
Macadamia Coconut Butter Cups
- ¾ cups coconut butter, melted
- 1 cup Mauna Loa chopped macadamia nuts, soaked
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 16 oz dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- In a food processor combine all of the ingredients for the filling. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- Over a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- In a lined cupcake pan, portion 1 ½ tablespoons of the melted chocolate onto the bottom of each muffin liner. Place in the freezer until set, approximately 10 minutes.
- On top of the chocolate bases, spoon 1 tablespoon of the macadamia filling. Spread the filling into an even layer that does not reach the edge of the cups. Cover the filling with another 1 ½ tablespoons layer of melted chocolate, ensuring that chocolate covers the filling entirely.
- Place back into the freezer until set, at least 20 minutes. Once set, enjoy!