You know the saying, “The original is always better,” or “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” Well Pipcorn heard those cliché sayings and tossed them out the window. They have taken something we all know and love, popcorn, and recreated it to provide us with a unique snacking experience.
In the spirit of Pipcorn, I decided to overhaul a few classics myself. So what am I talking about?! Think Peanut Butter and Jelly… the perfect combination of sweet, salty goodness that oozes from the crust as you take a bite. It’s one of those quick and easy combinations that you know will get you through your lunch break and feeling like a kid on the playground. Although this classic for both grown-ups and kids alike isn’t going out of style anytime soon, I thought we could turn it up a notch. My PB+J Popcorn highlights the creamy peanut butter taste with bursts of fruit from dried berries. Its simple, easy and oh so addicting.
Sweet tooth, ✔️.
Now, let’s move into something more savory. You know the two ingredients sandwich that you ate as a kid, after playing in the snow with a steamy bowl of tomato soup? Nothing says a you’re loved, like a crispy, buttery, cheesy, gooey grilled cheese sandwich. With the gourmet grilled cheeseries out there stepping up their game on the classic, I thought, why not?! Truffle Pipcorn was the inspiration I needed for my Truffled Grilled Cheese… combined with caramelized onions and melted provolone this grilled cheese will be your ticket to the clean plate club.
I know, I know I’m messing with the greats but its time to hone your inner kid and break the rules just a little. Go ahead, test them out and let me know what you think!
- 3 cups Sea Salt Pipcorn
- 1/2 cup dried berry mix (cherry, raisins, cranberries)
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup agave
- In a large bowl combine Sea Salt Pipcorn and dried berries
- In a small sauce pan combine sugar and agave. Over medium heat bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 2 minutes.
- Quickly add peanut butter and stir until fully combined.
- Pour over the popcorn mix and toss until fully covered. (Careful its hot! Use tongs and spoons to mix it up.)
- Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet to cool
- Warning these may not last more than 2 minutes ;)
recipe adapted from The Kitchen
Truffled Grilled Cheese
- 2 pieces of your favorite sprouted wheat bread
- 2 pieces Daiya provolone or cheese of your choice
- 1/2 onion
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup Truffle Pipcorn
- 1 tbs coconut oil or butter of your choice
- Heat a sauce pan, add oil and sliced onions over medium heat.
- Cook slowly until golden brown and caramelized, set aside.
- On one half of bread place one piece of provolone, top with caramelized onions and Pipcorn
- Top with second slice of cheese and bread.
- Smear a butter on the top piece of bread. Place on heated skillet, cook for 1 minute until golden brown and flip.
- Cook until cheese is just melted and serve immediately.