Rise and shine, this smoothie bowl is sure to get any morning poppin' .
Not only is this bowl easy on the eyes, its high in antioxidants, probiotics, anti-inflammatory agents and protein. This bowl gets its vibrant color from Maqui Berry a nutrient dense berry found in Chile. Similar to acai, maqui berries are high in antioxidants, anti-bacterial and anti- carcinogen properties, aiding in cell function and detoxification. Maqui berry has also been found to lower and maintain blood sugar levels, especially for those with diabetes.
Now smoothie bowl toppings are equally important as the smoothie itself... right? I decided to elevate ordinary granola with this Coffee Dusted Popcorn' Granola. This granola uses Pipcorn's Sea Salt mini popcorn kernels to achieve the perfect balance of sweet and salty granola to pair with this tropical bowl. Pipcorn uses natural heirloom corn kernels to pop their mini popcorn, which is perfect for snacking on its own and added to recipes to pop it up a notch.
Ok I'll put a spoon in it, time for you to check out the recipes below for yourself!
Coffee Dusted Popcorn Granola
Yield 6 cups
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups Pipcorn, Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 tsp reishi powder
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 10 dates, pureed
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp almond butter, melted (or nut butter or your choice)
- 3 tsp instant coffee
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine oats, popcorn, nuts, reishi, coffee and chia. Stir to combine and set aside
- In a food processor, pulse dates with a 1 tsp water to blend in to a paste. If larger chunks remain that is ok.
- Add the melted coconut oil, dates, nut butter and maple syrup to the dry mix. Stir until all ingredients are evenly coated.
- Evenly spread mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, until lightly toasted and crunchy.
- Set aside to cool.
Maqui Berry Smoothie Bowl
Yield 4 cups
- 2 bananas, frozen
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt
- 1/4 cup pineapple
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp Maqui Powder
- 1 scoop protein powder of your choice ( I used Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides)
- In food processor, or blender, combine all ingredients. Blend until smooth.
Pour smoothie mixture into a bowl, top with fresh cut fruit and Coffee Dusted Popcorn Granola. Enjoy!